- The College policy and guidelines for placing orders is as follows:The College requires the issue of a purchase order for all transactions $10,000 and above. Please refer to the College policy in Risk Management for specific details.
- Purchases of $3,500 and above, for all federal agency grants, require 3 quotations and must be purchased contracts which meet public bidding guidelines. All buyers must coordinate any such purchases through the Purchasing Department.
- All buyers must familiarize themselves with the policies, standards, guidelines and procedures on Contracts and Contracting for goods and services intended to have a binding obligation and/or legal effect.
- Purchase Requisition Form - must be completed, promptly authorized and sent to Purchasing with all of the appropriate supporting documentation.
- Important: Purchase requisitions should not be faxed to suppliers since they are not a legal document.
- Purchasing Policies Checklist for Federal Agency procurement policies
For additional information or assistance contact:
- Stacey Wikar 413-538-2041
- Julie Parks 413-538-3043
Purchasing Fax 413-538-2227
Explore the MHC Social Universe >