Mount Holyoke College Policy
Effective November 1, 2013 the College began requiring that employees purchasing on behalf of the institution using the @mtholyoke.edu email address will need to create a personal Amazon.com account in order to make future personal purchases due to the MA Sales Tax implications. All current and future purchases on Amzaon.com with an @mtholyoke.edu email address must have that Amazon account deemed "Tax Exempt" and must be done so through OPS.
Mount Holyoke College and Amazon have partnered to enable the Amazon Business Punchout Catalog in OPS effective July 1, 2015. Mount Holyoke College is the first institution of higher education in the United States to go live with the Amazon Business Punchout Catalog. If you do not yet have a user account in OPS please complete the User Access Application Form or contact email@example.com
- Checkout: Instructions
- Tax: Occasionally a third party seller will charge tax. Amazon Tax Refund Procedures
- Troubleshooting: Occasionally orders are halted in the system see Amazon Order Troubleshooting
- Enhancements: Amazon Business Enhanced Punchout Workflow
IMPORTANT: Use of an firstname.lastname@example.org Amazon.com account for personal purchases is not permitted since it can jeopardize the Sales Tax Exempt status of Mount Holyoke College.
Amazon Business Returns
Pilot Program for packages that are being returned and Amazon is proposing a return fee.
- Amazon returns can be sent to the UMass Amazon Return Center via the Five College Currier Service picked up at MHC Auxiliary Services.
- Address packages to the UMass Amazon Return Center (preferably using the label that Amazon provides) and also hand marked with an additional label "Via 5 College Courier".
Under the current program Amazon Prime is part of the business package. Any additional memberships are considered personal and are not reimbursable.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Mount Holyoke College when you make personal purchases through Amazon, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Mount Holyoke College.
Creating an Amazon Bulk Order
Amazon Business Customer Support: (888) 281-3847
MHC Account Representative:
Sr. Customer Advisor, Higher Education
Phone: 917-662-0790 | Email: email@example.com
55 Pier 4 Blvd, Boston, MA 02210