Withdrawals and Readmission

Voluntary Withdrawal

Official notification must be given by the student in order to withdraw from the College.  A student may withdraw by logging into my.mtholyoke, selecting Requests & Applications from the Self-Service Menu, and then selecting "Withdraw from the College" to access the online form to complete and submit.  If the effective date of the withdrawal is before the first day of classes, that semester's courses will be dropped from the student’s transcript. However if the effective date of the withdrawal is after the first day of classes, the student will be withdrawn from those courses and they will remain on the student's transcript with a grade of “W”.  Failure to complete the withdrawal procedures may result in failing grades.  

A student should contact Student Financial Services to determine how a withdrawal will affect the student's financial aid. A partial tuition refund may also be available.

Other Withdrawals

The College reserves the right to require a student to withdraw for academic deficiency, non-payment, illness or disciplinary infraction. Such withdrawals are initiated by the appropriate office which also handles notification to the student.


Students who are withdrawn from the College may apply for readmission through a separate process from the Admissions Office. Students should complete a readmission application and return it to the Office of Academic Deans. There is a non-refundable $75 processing fee. Deadlines are March 15 for fall admission and October 15 for spring admission.